Saturday, September 24, 2011

i need more hands


So now that I am doing this single mom thing I am forced to deal with the fact that I only have one pair of hands. I still have not figured out how to take out the trash. I would move all our trash to outside and then my husband would walk it down to the dumpster at the end of our building. I physically can do this but logistically I have yet to figure it out. The problem is I need 2 hands to take out the trash if I bring the little boy with me I need one of those hands to hold his hand? I think about doing it at naptime and I think that is the only logical solution to this problem. I just get paranoid leaving my baby (soon to babies) asleep in the house while I walk to the dumpster. Everything else I will just need to adjust to since I have been spoiled for the last 15 months. Things like going to the park, making dinner, making sure when we go upstairs or downstairs we have everything we need so we don't have to take more unnecessary trips up and down the stairs (since there will be nobody else in the house to grab what I forget). 
There are good parts to being the lone parent. For starters I never need to have a conversation about who is doing bath time or what the plan is for the day because everything for the most part is my call and my responsibility. With that said some how I have to get my glucose testing done Monday very bright and early on my own with a toddler. I am hoping while I have to stick around for an hour for the test they will let me walked around the building with the little guy and I will be very prepared with lots of snacks. I am sure once #2 gets here this lack of hands issue will be taken up to another level, but we will just cross that bridge when we get there. Unfortunately you cannot plan and prepare for everything, you just got to live it. Nobody else can really help you do that, you can get tips and help from family and friends along the way, but truly these family separations are just something you got to do on your own and find your own way to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment