Friday, September 30, 2011

and I thought we were getting better?


Yesterday morning I got the boy up and thought we were doing better. He slept in till 8 and was hungry. So I gave him some banana and applesauce and he was so happy with me. I thought from the day before i was just tired and we just needed one more day at home to heal. Well.... by 10 am I was so drained that I decided to put the boy down for an early nap. He protested for 15 minutes while I hunched myself over the toilet. By the time I was done loosing my breakfast he was down for a nap and so was I. That only lasted till noon and by the time a carried the boy down the stairs I had to run to the bathroom again my sweet boy followed me and hugged my back as I got sick. So that continued almost every 15-20 minutes and feeding him was horrible and forget about changing diapers. Just the smell of a wet diaper would set me off and then I had a half naked boy running around the house. So I called my parents and within minutes of them offering to come and pick up the boy I was all over it. When my Dad showed up to pick up the boy and the dog, we noticed that there was water leaking from somewhere in the garage. So I threw on a robe and walked next door to see if they had leaking too, our washers and water heaters both share the wall were the water was coming from. No leaking on there side but he called their handy man who dropped by on his way home from work. He said there was a small leak. By that time I felt so sick I couldn't even process what he was saying needed to be done. So I just asked him if I just turned the water if that would be OK till I decided what to do? The leak was so small I really didn't think anything about it. Then I went back to being one with the couch. At 4pm I called my OBGYN office to just check with them on what I should do. They said if could hold fluids down I would need to come in to labor and delivery to get an IV. I thought I was doing better when I got a glass of water down and got a nice little nap on the couch till I was awoken from my nap to go pray to the porcelain god for the eighth time in one day and there went all my water. I was so proud of myself for getting that water down. Well since I wasn't keeping liquids down I thought even though I didn't feel that bad should do the right thing and get re-hydrated. It would take my Mom was hung up at work and then it would take a hour to get down to me and driving myself would not have been smart. So I sent out some non-urgent messages to some friends to see if anyone was free to give me a ride. My wonderful friend came and picked me up and took me in to labor and delivery to get taken care of. Once I got all checked in and settled in the nurse started to try and get my IV in. Unfortunately since I was so dehydrated my little vein collapsed and she went straight through it. Well that made me a little light headed and next thing I know I am violently throwing-up and it is all over me the nurse and my poor friend was holding the bucket. It was so horrible. So after I scared that nurse off I got a new and more seasoned nurse and she got me all set up and then I could relax a little bit and just get my fluids. So finally my Mom was on her way and I had regained enough color in my skin that my friend was OK leaving me and heading home. My Mom got there and I I finished up my second bag of fluids. We got home and into bed around 2am. I slept in till 9 and have felt so much better except getting wooosie when I would stand for too long. Then that leaking pipe busted, so I just gave up turned off the water for the whole house and packed it up and headed up to stay at my parent’s house for the weekend. I guess time will only tell if we are really getting better, but I got a good feeling about it and
the plumber will be by on Monday to fix that problem. So hopefully next week will be a little bit better?

No comments:

Post a Comment