Wednesday, September 28, 2011

724 stars to go


Yesterday morning my car didn't start up in the morning. I quickly moved the stroller into the hubby's car and we headed out and went on with our day. Later on my Dad came over and we charged my battery and got my car working. Today my day started when I picked the boy up out of the crib and got puked on. It was just clear liquid that came up so I fed him a banana and gave him his milk. Within 15 minutes it was all coming up. So I call the pediatrician and got in at 9:45. The car seat was still in the hubby's car so we drove that to the dr. On our way the poor little guy threw up all over himself, car seat, and car. I only had a change of shirt for him with me so I stripped him out of his puke soaked clothes in the Dr. office parking lot and took him in nothing but a shirt and a diaper. I got the little guy checked out and we were told nothing but pedialyte for 12 hours. We went home and watched some toy story and had some pedialyte popsicles while I started to clean the car seat. Then with my restless unhappy kid we walked to the store for more pedialyte, since the car seat was being washed. When we got back from our walk he went down perfectly for a nap. During naptime I charged through car seat cleaning and puke laundry. I got the car seat clean and put back into my car (which I thought was fixed). Woke the boy up from his wonderful nap changed his diaper and put him into the car. Then the car decided not to start again, so I used the battery charger and jumped it and hoped for the best and headed to my 30-week prenatal check-up. The boy proceeds to puke all over this car now. So for the second time today I stripped him in a parking lot and changed his clothes, this time I was a bit more prepared. Thankfully my mid-wife let me do my check-up with my sick toddler painted onto me and then offered to get me a flu shot so I would pick-up what he has. We got back into the car for it not to start again. Called roadside to get a jump. So we just played in the car, it is a great jungle gym and roadside only took 20 minutes and we got back on the road. We were going to go to get the car looked at and then the boy started dry heaving again, so scratch that and we went home. Snuggled on the couch and more Toy Story. Then we got a quick video chat with Daddy and the off to bath time. If all else fails just put you kids in water, he hadn't been so happy all day long. Once I got him down, again my Dad came to my rescue to get the car under control and got it checked out and I got a new battery put in it and we should be good to go. I am washing the car seat for the second time today and scrubbing the yucky straps and soon to go to bed after that. I know for most people having a day like this while their other half was gone would have sent them of the deep end. Realistically if my husband was home he would have been at work all day and my day would have gone pretty much the same way. The only thing that would have changed is at the end of the day my great man would be sitting next to me right now, which would be great. This is not what I had planned on writing about today but then life happens. So 1 week down 103 to go and hopefully they are not as eventful as this week, but I am sure this will not be the last. Oh well hopefully tomorrow is a little bit better. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment