Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer outside cooking

I love cooking for my family! I wanted to share some of what I have been feeding my boys this week.

Tuesday: Balsamic marinaded steak and corn
I just bought some new gourmet Herb de Provance infused olive oil and Juniper Berry balsamic vinegar from Baker and Olive in Encinitas, CA. So I took my new treasures and marinated some steaks for 24 hours and simply just grilled them over a high flame. While the steak cooked on one side of the grill the corn in the husks did there thing. I know it all sounds very easy, but if you do it right you can keep it simple.


Wenesday: BBQ drumbsticks and potatoes
Another dinner on the grill ( it is too hot to cook inside rght now) I dusted the drumsticks with bbq seasoning and sliced the potatoes into wedges. Warmed up the grill. Put the potato wedges in a foil packet with some Italian dressing. The potato packet goes in the center of the grill for the whole cook time. The drumsticks get lined up around the packet and rotated a quarter turn every five minutes for a total cook time of 20 minutes. I serve the potatoes with ketchup and my husband and 17 month old devoured this! 


Thursday: Mini Farfalle with Cherry tomatoes, Broccoli and Romano Cheese off the Barilla Piccolini box! This is one of new favorite places to get quick dinners latley. They are quick, use ingredents I usally have and these resipes are delishious and the boy loves eating pasta with a fork and just shovels all those yummy veggis away.

No comments:

Post a Comment