Friday, October 14, 2011

708 stars to go

3 weeks down, 101 to go. We are well and getting into our routine and everything is going well. I am a bit tired chasing a toddler around all day everyday with no break is hard work with 28 pounds of "baby" added to me. I have been researching recourses for helping toddlers deal with deployments. There is a huge void in this department. Most resources are for school age kids and babies. My husband will be visiting us over the next 2 years probably every six months or so, but for the most part it will just be the little feet and I. So my older son will be between the age of 19 months and 3 1/2 years old and our little guy will go from birth to 21 months with out Daddy really being around. So the issues with school age kids are toilet issues, and communication/ behavioral issues and babies are just recommended to hear and se pictures and your spouses voice on a regular basis. Ok that’s great but what do you do with a toddler who cannot communicate or use the potty yet? I don't think you can have an issue with something until they develop the skills to do those skills normally, well for my age range that is not the case. Yet my older one is way past the baby stage and knows something in his family dynamic has changed and needs a bit more then pictures and tape recordings. We skype on a regular basis but I am still unsure about this and if in the future we will have consequences later on down the road? I will just keep on doing what I know is right and lovin’ on my babies enough for the 2 of us and hope for the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment