Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Baby Bump update- 16 weeks


I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going so far! I guess when you don't figure out you are pregnant till 7 weeks along your perspective is a bit different. When I was pregnant with Scott we were actively trying to make a baby so we knew at 4 weeks and it wasn't that shocking. I love growing another baby I think the second time around is better just because I get to enjoy it all a bit more and appreciate everything more. At 16 weeks I can already feel this kid bouncing around in there, it wasn't for 7 more weeks with my first baby. Also I constantly worried about things outside of my control with #1 now I am bit more lade back and just going with the flow a bit more. I am still in that awkward stage where a lot of my weight and proportions have redistributed and my shape is a bit frumpy now but I don't quite look pregnant yet, which is a bit frustrating. This pregnancy like my last one has been pretty un-eventful and feels great for the most part. I had a no chicken in the house for a couple weeks, the raw chicken grossed me out and when we would go out cooked chicken didn’t taste right. The good news is as soon as I passed the 14-week mark that was over and my appetite came back with a vengeance. I really hate how obsessed dr.’s are with those little numbers on the scale. For nine months they tell you are too high/low every 4 weeks and then you have this beautiful baby and every time you come in it is the same story about weight/growth till you child is about a year old. It is just frustrating that so much is measured off a number that really is not an accurate measure of nutrition or health. It is just one of those annoying parts of this whole process I could deal without. Other then all that growing baby number 2 is going just swimmingly and I am enjoying the processes so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment