Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Let's try again

Well lets give this blogging thing another try! What can I say but I have 2 kids and my hubby is gone on an unaccompanied tour, things are busy. Instead of playing catch up I am just going to pick up where we are on this journey and move forward.

My first year as a "single" stay at home Mom of 2 was crazy to say the least. My baby was not sweet he was a screamer and my 2 year old pulled out every terrible two behavior you could think of. The nights the baby did sleep i spent tossing and turning over what I was doing "wrong" with my two year old. On top of all that I had the same annoying reality of how my life scares people away. This has always been true through all of our deployments, lots of people offer help and open arms. Most of that is lip service, when shit hits the fan, people have their own lives and really my little crazy life is not on most peoples radar. This little pitty party would play in my head on those sleepless nights.
Now that 2013 is here and I have an amazing 14mo old who sleeps like a champ and minds anything i simply just ask him and a great 3 year old who is potty trained and very good at communicating himself, things are looking down right rosy! As my new years resolution I wanted to just spread the love and just give little homemade gifts (thank you pintrest!) as random acts of kindness all year long. I really don't think anyone knew how hard of a time i was having last year and truly most of never really know what is really going on behind those strong smiles we put on. So please just get out there and spread the love, it is the greatest gift we have to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment